Aldehuela de Liestos

It is also known by the name of Gate Stone River Sickles being situated on the banks of the river, next to this place recognized as a Site of Community Importance (SCI). It is an ancient river canyon where ecosystems are characteristic of the groves and rocky river. It is one of the recommended places to practice outdoor activities such as bird watching, hiking and climbing.

The village belonged to the Cistercian monastery of Piedra to 1269 and retains some good examples of popular architecture, heraldic shields, etc.. Following are two eighteenth century buildings: City Hall and the parish church dedicated to the Assumption. The interior of the temple houses Baroque, a silver chalice with circular foot dated to the late fifteenth century and two canvases found tolate 2007 in the attic of the City, which were restored and attributed to specific Bayeu Francisco are The Anunciacióny Santa Barbara.

There are also three chapels, San Cristobal, Santa Barbara and San Roque. In the latter environment prehistoric remains have been found. It has three peirones, dedicated to the Virgin of Pilar, another to San Roque and San Antonio last.

Its festivities should be noted the Romeríaa the Ermita de la Virgen de Guialguerrero, in which each rosemary council receives a liter of wine, a loaf of bread and two boiled eggs.

Hoces del río Piedra
Hoces del río Piedra
Iglesia parroquial dedicada a la Asunción
Detalle casa de Aldehuela de Liestos
Fuente del sapo
Detalle casa de Aldehuela de Liestos
Escudos heraldicos
Detalle casa de Aldehuela de Liestos
Aldehuela de Liestos
Iglesia parroquial dedicada a la Asunción
Indicación de rutas
Iglesia parroquial dedicada a la Asunción

© 2012 | Comarca Campo de Daroca | Creditos