Gallocanta

A town located between the lagoon that bears his name and saw Valdelacasa. The earliest traces of human occupation correspond to the Bronze Age, as well as times Celtiberian, Roman and medieval.

Documented, Gallocanta quoted in the Song of the Cid, in verses 951 "Then the Cid moved Aluca port (n) t dent runs Cid ea Mont Alvan Huesca", and 1087 "Poblado has Cid Aluca port (n) t".

In the town, stands the baroque church of San Pedro (XVIII), with interesting altarpieces s. XVI. In one of its chapels hold the image of Our Lady of Good Agreement Romanesque s. XIII, from the chapel that bears his name and in front of the village, in a altonazo where stands a stone cross. From there, the view over the lagoon and its surroundings is privileged.
Just outside is another Gallocanta hermitage of the Virgen de la Soledad (XVIII) and two peirones: the "Saints Fabiany Sebastian" and "Santa Barbara". < / div>
The Gallocanta lake and watershed, for its environmental values ​​and their location on the migratory path of many species of birds, is located within the Natura 2000 network, and has several national figures proteccióna (Directed Nature Reserve ) and international (SCI, SPA and Ramsar Convention).

Laguna de Gallocanta
Laguna de Gallocanta
Laguna de Gallocanta
Laguna de Gallocanta
Laguna de Gallocanta
Laguna de Gallocanta
Laguna de Gallocanta
Laguna de Gallocanta

© 2012 | Comarca Campo de Daroca | Creditos